[Ifeffit] Athena Question

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 27 12:34:00 CDT 2016

On 07/27/2016 12:01 PM, Tyson, Trevor A. wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
>    I know that you are very busy building beaminles but I could not
> resist adding more to your load.  I have an  Athena question.  I have
> aligned a large set of data to a reference.  Now for each data set
> Athena records the energy shift.  Is it possible to export the list of
> shifts?  Thanks.
>
> Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Hope you don't mind that I am CCing this to the Ifeffit mailing list.
The question seems broadly interesting, so leaving an answer in a
place that can be found by google seems like a good idea.

There are a several ways of doing this:

1. Right click on the label that says "Energy shift".  one of the
    options is "Show energy shifts of all groups".  That will post a
    dialog like the one in the attached picture.  Click the "Save"
    button to write the contents as a text file.

2. Click on the File menu, then on the Export submenu.  Select "Excel
    report on marked groups".  This will write an XLS file.  You can
    open that up in Excel or any other spreadsheet program.  Column E
    has the energy shifts.

3. For the sake of completeness, if you are a command line kinda guy,
    you can use the "dlsprj" program that gets installed when you
    install the rest of demeter:

       dlsprj myproject.prj --params=bkg_eshift,bkg_delta_eshift

    This will print the shifts and their uncertainties to the screen.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114