[Ifeffit] Help with Athena

Edmund Welter edmund.welter at desy.de
Tue Jul 26 04:31:39 CDT 2016

Dear Irina,

it seems your data range is only about 100 eV long. during the import
you can choose the data type, for data shorter than some pre-set limit
(definitely longer than 100 eV) Athena - rightly I would say - assumes
that you are importing "XANES" data. In that case the 2 greyed out
functions are senseless. If for any reason you want to use these two
functions you must change "data type" to mue(E) in the import data window.

Best regards,
Edmund

On 26.07.2016 11:01, Irina Pi wrote:

> Maybe you were right about the anti virus software, but finally I've
> solved installing an older version of Demeter, 0.9.13, and updating to
> 0.9.18.2 (any other version worked). I guess my computer is so old (it
> is 64bit by the way).
>

> Though this is solved now, I have a problem with some options of the
> main window (spline range, forward and backward fourier transforms)
> because they are blocked when I import my data (see the attached
> screenshot data6.png), whereas with an example data of your
> webpage they are not (see the attached screenshot fe.060.png). I
> cannot figure out what happens, maybe there's a problem in the way I
> save the data (see attached file test_OD_6.txt)?
>

> Thank you so much and sorry for all the questions, I have no doubt
> that there are no problems with Demeter, but it's me that I am just
> getting into this world and cannot figure out so many things.
>

> Irina Pi.

Edmund Welter
Work Package Leader P65
FS-PEX                e-mail: edmund.welter at desy.de
Notkestrasse 85             phone: +49 40 8998 4510
22603 Hamburg               fax: +49 40 8998 2787
Germany