[Ifeffit] Help with Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jul 25 11:00:57 CDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 11:39 AM, Irina Pi wrote:
> Oh yes, maybe here's the problem. When I try to open the Gnuplot shell
> it says: "Entry point not found. The procedure entry point_vswprintf
> could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll".

I remain suspicious of your anti virus software.  You should check the
AV logs and see if they quarantined any files around the time you
installed Demeter.

As I said up front, I have never seen this problem before and no one has
ever reported anything like it to the mailing list.  I am not trying to
dodge responsibility, but nothing you've said so far indicates that
there is a problem with Demeter or the installer.  It really seems to me
like the problem is your AV software or some other aspect of how your
computer is administered.

As always, I am 100% open to being convinced otherwise.

> Maybe I should try to install gnuplot separately?

You could, I suppose.  That might help track down the problem.

You will need to configure Demeter to find the newly installed gnuplot,
or it won't help your problem with Athena.  That is, Athena is
configured to look for a specific copy of gnuplot in a specific
location.  That location can be changed, but it won't happen
automagically if you install gnuplot in some other way.

By the way, when you say "Windows computer", what version do you
actually mean?  32 bit or 64?

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114