[Ifeffit] Help with Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jul 25 09:10:54 CDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 09:55 AM, Irina Pi wrote:
> Hi, I don't know why but it didn't work. I installed in the Local disk
> C, and there is the same problem.
>

> Do you have any other idea on what could I do?

Demeter uses a program called gnuplot as its plotting back end.

What happens when you fire up gnuplot directly and try to make a plot?
This is done by going to the Start Menu, Demeter with Strawberry Perl,
then Gnuplot shell.  (Alternately, in the file manager, go to the
location where you installed Demeter, then 'c\bin\gnuplot\bin',  then
double click on "wgnuplot.exe".)

It'll look like what's shown here:

http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~pjohnson/Gnuplot/windows_gnuplot.html

At the command prompt, type

   plot sin(x)

It should be a sine wave and the tics on both axes should have numeric
labels and the legend should say "sin(x)".

If not, hopefully it will provide some feedback that hints to the problem.

I am suspicious that your anti-virus software might be blocking access
to some file needed by gnuplot to manage fonts.  That's something you
might look into (or get help from your IT department).

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114