[Ifeffit] Help with Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Jul 25 07:53:10 CDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 04:10 AM, Irina Pi wrote:
> I work with a Windows computer and my data is like in the attached file
> data5.txt. Some days ago with an old version of Demeter (I think 0.9.18
> but I'm not sure) I could have the plots I attach in Plot1.png and
> Plot2.png, but I don't know why there were some options in the program
> which were blocked (like forward Fourier transform parameters, rbkg,
> spline...). So I decided to install the latest version of Demeter
> (0.9.24) and then instead of obtaining the same plots I can only get the
> ones in Plot3.png and Plot4.png. They are not labeled and it also
> doesn't appear an E or pointer to choose values directly in the plot.
>

> Someone knows how to obtain again plots similar to 1 and 2?

I have never seen that behavior.

Some questions:

1. Go to the preferences tool
(http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Athena/other/prefs.html).
  What is the value of gnuplot-->terminal?  How about gnuplot-->termparams?

2. Start Athena.  Import one data group.  Then, in the Monitor menu,
select "Show command buffer."
(http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Athena/ui/monitor.html#the-monitor-menu).
  Copy and paste /all/ of the text from the bottom half -- the box
labeled "Plot buffer" into an email so I can see the entire contents of
that text box.  Please note, there will likely be text above and below
what is visible.  I need to see /everything/, not just the visible part.

If none of that solves the problem, I'll have you try some more things.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114