[Ifeffit] Bug Report importing file.

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Sun Jul 24 09:17:16 CDT 2016

According to
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2013-August/006762.html
limit is 8192

It is possible to rebin the data in Athena...in multiple steps...what it
first imports, then export, then
attach the missing higher E data, re-import, rebin...using a near edge
step size of 0.2 eV, 0.05 invAng
in the EXAFS and 2 eV in the pre-edge, these two steps were sufficient
to reduce the data size to 555 points.

The match between original and rebin does show some small differences
but I didn't deglitch first.

I don't like the steps in the original mu(E) either - rounding off too soon,
or is it there at this level in the raw data?
...discrete noise/quantization error at the 1:800 level versus
'traditional exafs' 10^6 counts (1:1000)