[Ifeffit] demeter installation in OSX El Capitan

Ping, Yuan ping2 at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 21 13:46:27 CDT 2016

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. In my first email I forgot to mention that I did install MacPorts-2.3.4-10.11-ElCapitan.

Yuan

On 7/21/16, 11:27 AM, "Ifeffit on behalf of Fowler, Joseph W. (Assoc)" <ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov<mailto:ifeffit-bounces at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov> on behalf of joe.fowler at nist.gov<mailto:joe.fowler at nist.gov>> wrote:

Dear Yuan,

Thanks for the log file, but I’m afraid I don’t know what your Mac Ports problem is. The log file indicates a failure to fetch the archive at all. After waiting a day, did the problem go away?

My workplace has lots of rules about how and when to upgrade to El Cap. As a result, I have not done it myself yet. Have you visited the Mac Ports team’s page on OS X 10.11? https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ElCapitanProblems  There are no specific problems mentioning libcxx, I notice. Did you remember to re-install Mac Ports itself? If not, then problems are inevitable. Also, are Xcode and its command-line tools both updated to match the OS?

If you’ve followed all the upgrade instructions and cannot install libcxx, then I think you have a Mac Ports problem and should look to that project’s issue tracker (possibly filing an issue yourself).

Best wishes,
Joe Fowler
NIST Boulder Labs