[Ifeffit] demeter installation in OSX El Capitan

Ping, Yuan ping2 at llnl.gov
Thu Jul 21 00:37:10 CDT 2016

Dear all,

I recently upgraded my mac to OSX El Capitan, and tried to install demeter following the steps at http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/

XQuartz 2.7.9 (xorg-server 1.17.4), Xcode 7.3.1, command line tools, “sudo port -v self update”, “port upgrade outdated” were all OK. When I tried “sudo port install xorg-server demeter”, it showed:

--->  Computing dependencies for xorg-server

--->  Cleaning xorg-server

--->  Computing dependencies for demeter

--->  Dependencies to be installed: ifeffit libgcc cctools llvm-3.8 libcxx libffi llvm_select gmp isl ld64 ld64-latest libmpc mpfr pgplot gcc5 ... (a long list)

Then after many attempts to fetch libcxx-3.7.1_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from various websites, it showed:

Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port libcxx returned: archivefetch failed for libcxx @3.7.1_0

Error: Failed to install libcxx

Please see the log file for port libcxx for details:

   /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_libcxx/libcxx/main.log

The log file is attached. What should I do to fix it? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Yuan