[Ifeffit] fitting of S XANES with arctans and gaussians

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 19 09:51:41 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Jon Wade <jon.wade at earth.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I can’t recommend  LMFIT in python enough  (or Larch - never used it mind,
> but see no reason why I haven’t).
>
> Its well documented, easy to use and, best of all, its FREE!  :)
>

> https://lmfit.github.io/lmfit-py/builtin_models.html#builtin-models-chapter
>
> https://lmfit.github.io/lmfit-py/builtin_models.html#example-3-fitting-multiple-peaks-and-using-prefixes
>

> all the best
>
> Jon

There are (IMHO) pretty good peak fitting methods in Larch, and a GUI for
fitting XANES with Larch and LMFIT is actually a top priority for me. It's
in progress (I was working on it some yesterday), but not yet fully
working.  This will allow features like constraining multiple peaks to have
the same widths, etc.

Feature requests, suggestions, or help are most welcome.