[Ifeffit] No Reference Foil

Neil M Schweitzer neil.schweitzer at northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 12 16:54:01 CDT 2016

Hello,
Long time follower/user and first time subscriber! I work at Northwestern University, and one of the services I provide is analyzing XAS data for users who collect data at APS. Generally, I am not at APS to help them collect spectra, I help analyze the data afterwards. A user came to me recently with some Ce L3 data that does not have reference foil data. If I am trying to compare the EXAFS of several different samples (all which should be similar oxidation state, and of which I have other references of similar oxidation state). Does anyone have a suggestion how to work up the data if I can't calibrate it?

------
Neil M. Schweitzer, Ph.D
Operations Director, CleanCat Core Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Chemical and Biological Engineering
Northwestern University
2137 Sheridan Road