[Ifeffit] How to change the data file in Dartemis?

Isabelle Kieffer isabelle.kieffer at esrf.fr
Thu Jul 7 09:04:37 CDT 2016

Dear Bruce, dear all,

Just to add some input and precise my question.

The problem I encounter with "replace this chi(k)" did not appear to me
until I tried to fit a spectrum twice with two different normalisations.
In this case, after a fit on the first spectrum, I "replace this chi"
with another that is normalised differently, and when I try to fit, it
stops with the following error message:

      This data came from the the same source as another
      data group. You seem to be trying to increase your
      number of independent points by fitting the same data
      more than once in a multiple data set fit.

Seeing that, I wondered whether "replace this chi" was doing what I
thought. The upgrade did not change anything. I just tried with a
colleague working under windows and the result is also the same.

Shall I do differently to fit those two really similar spectra?

Thank you for your help,

Isabelle

On 01/07/2016 21:08, Bruce Ravel wrote:
> On 07/01/2016 01:57 PM, Isabelle Kieffer wrote:
>> You mean that when you "Replace this chi(k)", it asks what to do, or it
>> supposes that you want to fit new data with the same model?
>
> What I mean is: upgrade.  Many of the problems you are reporting have
> been fixed already.  If you upgrade and still see these problems, make
> a bug report and I will look into it.

Isabelle KIEFFER, Ingénieur de Recherche CNRS, Ligne CRG FAME (BM30B)
ESRF - The European Synchrotron
CS 40220 - 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9 - France
Tel : +33 (0)4 76 88 25 47 - Bureau : LOB 2-50