[Ifeffit] pi/2deltak

Avakyan L.A. laavakyan at sfedu.ru
Sun Jan 31 17:39:31 CST 2016

Hello Riti,

the criterion of R-resolution of pi/2deltak can be drawn from the
Nyquist theorem.
The amount of information in the spectra is limited by Nidp = 2 deltak
deltaR / pi.
Then, in assumption of equal distribution of information over the
R-interval, the minimal interval can be estimated as deltaR / Nidp =
pi/2deltak.
The problem is that exact formula for Nidp is not known. Sometimes it
has addition of +1 or +2 to represent the fact that single point
(deltak=0) still contains information.
Moreover, information is not equally distributed: some k-regions are
more rich, other are less...

And when energy interval is very short (glass, liquid) this question
becomes vital. Sometimes, this resolution limit can even be overcome as
it is shown in [http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.82.064204].

Best regards,
Leon

Leon Avakyan