[Ifeffit] Fwd: Citing XANES standards

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jan 21 12:37:26 CST 2016

On 01/21/2016 12:14 PM, Aditya Shivprasad wrote:
> Hi Dr. Ravel,
>
> I am a graduate student in Nuclear Engineering at Penn State. I study
> corrosion of Zr-based alloys using microbeam XANES at the APS. For my
> linear combination fitting of iron XANES spectra I have used your iron
> foil standard that is available through the Hephaestus program. I was
> wondering if there was a paper or work I could cite to reference this
> standard.

Aditya,

I am CCing my answer to the Ifeffit mailing list.  This seems like a
general enough question that it should go onto the list.

The advice I have given others who have asked this question is to state
that the standard is distributed with the Demeter software package and
to use the standard citation for the software.

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II