[Ifeffit] problem with Artemis crashing on mac

Katherine M. Davis kmdavis at princeton.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:06:26 CST 2016

Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone had experienced this problem or had some advice for what I can try.

I have Demeter installed successfully on my mac (Yosemite 10.10.5). Athena works just fine. However, when I try running Artemis, it begins to open fine and all the GUI windows look good, but then a popup that says 'Restore from an autosave file' with buttons for 'Cancel' or 'OK' appears. I'm not able to click on anything and the program does not progress from this point. I don't remember this happening when I first installed. Is there an easy way to go in and trash some potential autosave file I have that is causing problems? If so, where would that be located? I dug around a bit, but couldn't find anything obvious. It's a little odd, because I've not really used the program. I simply tested it when I first installed to ensure it worked and that was it.

Any thoughts or comments would be useful. If additional information would help in diagnosing the issue, I'm happy to provide it.

Thanks,
Kate