[Ifeffit] Feature near edge of Ni XANES spectrum

Aditya Shivprasad aps202 at psu.edu
Tue Feb 9 20:19:21 CST 2016

Dear list,

I have obtained nickel XANES spectra (attached) from metallic Zircaloy-2
nuclear fuel cladding (Zr, 1.5% Sn, 0.15% Fe,  0.1% Cr, 0.05% Ni).

In the spectrum, I identify the edge as being approximately 8331-8332 eV
(based on maximum of first derivative), as it is for pure Ni. However, I
also identify a sharp feature at less than 1 eV past the edge. If anyone on
the list could help me to understand the origin of this feature, that would
be very helpful.

Thanks
--
Aditya Shivprasad