[Ifeffit] Peakfitting CeO2 data in Athena

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 8 11:32:53 CST 2016

They're not silly questions at all.

The distinction between EXAFS and XANES is rather blurry.  I've heard it said, for instance, that the dip you get at the K-edge in Cu metal is actually the first EXAFS dip, riding on the rising edge.
It's not obvious whether the first bump beyond the white line(s) should be called an EXAFS wiggle or a resonance.

It's typical to use arctan for the edge and gaussian or (pseudo)Voigt for peaks.  If you have species with big chemical shifts, such as at the S edge, one may use more than one arctan.

I've attached the Manceau&Nagy paper I referred to about S XANES.
	mam