[Ifeffit] struggling to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 1 12:26:39 CST 2016

On 12/01/2016 01:20 PM, mfehse wrote:

> and am now able to launch the athena and it seems to work, however i
> still get the error message:
> "Could not find Larch Server -- falling back to Ifeffit"
> is this something i should care about?

Nope.

It's a message that will eventually go away.  Right now, Matt and I are
working on migrating to Larch.  This week we have been figuring out how
to make Athena's interaction with Larch work reliably.  That message is
there so that I know what is going on while I am working on the code.
In this case, it is Demeter telling you that it is gracefully
recognizing that you do not have Larch installed.

If you don't want to be looking at the head of the main branch, then you
could download the zip file for the most recently tagged release:
https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/tree/0.9.25

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Building 743, Room 114