[Ifeffit] struggling to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Thu Dec 1 10:52:12 CST 2016

Hi,

I installed demeter recently under 16.04 lts. In response to Juan's
issues, I described what I did here:

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2016-November/008888.html

One additional deviation was that I had already installed gfortran and
gunplot (sudo apt install)
beforehand.

Matt noted in the next message that a larch issue needs addressing when
importing files

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2016-November/008889.html

but the ifeffit backend works.

I haven't tried everything, but reading and processing a file in Athena
works fine.

-R.