[Ifeffit] struggling to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04

mfehse marcus.fehse at univ-montp2.fr
Thu Dec 1 08:12:59 CST 2016

Hi
In my struggle to install demeter under ubuntu 16.04 I'm slowly
advancing. I think some of the packages that were supposed to be
installed following the first line of the protocol were incomplete. I
have redone this and have now managed to build the dathena and other
files, but when I want to start it I get the following error message:

"marquinhos at marquinhos-Lapi:~/demeter$ bin/dathena

Could not find Larch Server -- falling back to Ifeffit
Can't locate object method "new" via package "Graphics::GnuplotIF" at
/home/marquinhos/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/Demeter.pm line 239.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/marquinhos/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/Demeter/UI/Athena.pm line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/marquinhos/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/Demeter/UI/Athena.pm line 24.
Compilation failed in require at bin/dathena line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bin/dathena line 27.
Can't exec "-p": No such file or directory at
/home/marquinhos/perl5/lib/perl5/i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int/Larch.pm line 270.
"

any ideas what might be the problem?

many thanks