[Ifeffit] Demeter Installation issues

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 23 07:53:22 CDT 2016

Hi Gaurab,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Gaurab Rimal <grimal at uwyo.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I have been trying to install demeter in my archlinux machine but have
> issues in the build process. I had issues installing pgplot from ifeffit
> git source so I installed pgplot separately (as outlined in the original
> pgplot instructions). After installing ifeffit and after all dependencies
> were met, I ran ./Build and got an error about 'cpg/libgcc_path.sh'. Below
> is the full output from ./Build. I am unsure of this error because it seems
> to be related to ifeffit and pgplot and do not know how to resolve this.

Sorry, but the ifeffit code and build environment are no longer maintained
or supported. There have been no changes in the past two years, and only a
handful of patches in the past five years.  PGPLOT is even older, with
essentially no changes in the past fifteen years.  PGPLOT was never a great
solution, and it was never required to build or use ifeffit.

You're welcome to try to get these to build and run, but I cannot give any
support or diagnose any trouble with them.

There is a replacement that is supported and maintained and much easier to
use and build.  I suggest you use that.

Cheers,