[Ifeffit] Statistical errors in linear combination fits

Joshua Kas joshua.j.kas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:31:45 CDT 2016

Hi All,
I was wondering if it is possible to pass a value for the uncertainty in
the data to Athena when doing linear combination fits. We have calculated
chi^2 values using a simple estimate of the statistical uncertainty, and
find that our values differ by several factors of 10 when compared to the
reported values from Athena. I assume that this has to do with value of the
uncertainty that Athena is using, but I certainly could be mistaken. In any
case, the reduced chi^2 reported by Athena is much smaller than 1, while
the fit is off by fairly large amounts compared to any reasonable estimate
of the statistical error.
Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this info is already available
in the archives,
Josh Kas