[Ifeffit] Converting PDF files to CIF files for usage in Artemis

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 9 11:40:43 CDT 2016

There are two different input files which take the extension .inp.  One is the feff.inp file, which is the input to FEFF and contains a list of
coordinates (Cartesian, not crystallographic) of all atoms surrounding an absorpber atom out to a certain distance.  ATOMS produces this.  The other
is an input file for ATOMS, which has a subset of the information found in a CIF file.  ATOMS can save this out as well once you fill in the form, and you
can thus re-use it if, for instance, you want to re-run ATOMS to produce a feff.inp file for a different site as absorber.  ATOMS is the only program
I know that produces FEFF files.
	mam