[Ifeffit] Ti data problem

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Mon Aug 8 16:05:00 CDT 2016

Hi Siliang:

The first thing is that you have misidentified the edge position.  Itis
way too high in all the data sets.

Put it at the inflection point of the main rise in the absorption curve
and you will find that the problem is much reduced.

The second thing is that you have a very bad backgrund problem in your
data and, in my estimation your usable data range is no moe than k=2 to
k=8.  In fact, my suggestion is that you truncate the data by setting the
spline range to end at 8.  The FT range should probably be set at 2-8 or
even 2-7 (somewhere in that range and put a window sill of dk=2 to get rid
of some of the ringing.

Once you do those things the data will look much more reasonable.

These data could probably have used some longer counting times.  Where did
you take the data?

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Interim Chair, Department of Chemistry
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org