[Ifeffit] Co(IV)oxide

Ritimukta Sarangi ritimukta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:57:56 CDT 2016

Hello Ifeffit users,
We in the biomimetic community are having a heated discussion about the XAS (pre-edge and edge) data of Co(IV)=O molecular complexes. Turns out that there are very few bonafide complexes that can be used as a standard for Co(IV) and they are rather difficult to obtain. I would like to turn to the materials/geological community here and request the XANES data for CoO2, which is an unstable Co(IV)oxide mineral. I am hoping someone might have collected these data sets. If you have other opinion or thoughts on Co(IV) XANES in general, I would be thankful if you can spare the time to share it with me.
Thank you for your assistance,
Best Wishes,
-Riti Sarangi