[Ifeffit] Question about Io during data collection

Luxton, Todd Luxton.Todd at epa.gov
Fri Apr 1 08:05:57 CDT 2016

Matt and Max,

Thank you for your responses, the information was really helpful in trying to understand what would lead to the changes in Io between scans.  My knowledge of the infrastructure and mechanics of the beamline in front of Io is limited, and this short discussion has been very insightful. I wanted to make clear I was not trying to call out a specific issue with a beamline, but rather better inform myself about the how beamlines in general are setup and the mechanics behind it.

It is hard to find a specific text or manuscript that covers topics along this line.  Not just with XAFS, the same could be said about a number of other spectroscopy/analytical techniques.  Being able to pose questions of this nature to the list is really helpful and provides an insight and source of information that is not readily available.

All the Best,

Todd Luxton, Ph.D.
Office of Research and Development
National Risk Management Research Laboratory
Land Remediation and Pollution Control Division
Waste Management Branch

Mailing Address:
5995 Center Hill Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45243

Phone:
Office: (513) 569-7210
Cell: (513) 319-5104
Fax: (513) 569-7879

Email: Luxton.todd at epa.gov<mailto:Luxton.todd at epa.gov>

“A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself”
Franklin D. Rosevelt