[Ifeffit] Binary SSRL Files crash upon import.

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Sep 17 12:17:33 CDT 2015

On 09/17/2015 01:01 PM, Robert Gordon wrote:
> I can reproduce Logan's error with his data files. Using 0.9.22, I
> enable the SSRL
> plugins (A,B) and try to import. The 2013 binary imports without issue.
> The 2015 binary
> gives the error message Logan gave:
> At line 316 of file iff_rddata.f
> Fortran runtime error: End of record

It is weird  that I can read the 2015 file and Robert can read the 2013
file.  In any case, I suspect that the issue is end of line characters.
  Since the file is binary, the plugin uses a (fairly simple and fairly
crude) strategy of slurping in chunks of the file.  That might be
getting confused by the end of line character.

Again, I don't know how to fix this problem because I don't actually
know what an SSRL binary file is supposed to be.

Again, I would welcome a contribution.  The plugins for the DUBBLE
beamline and for the beamlines at the Japanese synchrotrons benefited
greatly by an interested party taking part in the development of those
plugins (thank you Eric!  thank you Yohei!).  The SSRL plugins could use
some similar TLC.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II