[Ifeffit] Binary SSRL Files crash upon import.

Logan Giles gileslo at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 17 11:06:00 CDT 2015

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. I did have the SSRLB file plugin enabled. The 2013
binary wouldn't open if that plugin wasn't enabled anyways, I think. I am
using Demeter 0.9.22, is that the version you are using as well? I tried
running the program in "run as administrator" as well. No luck.

Any other suggestions?

-Logan

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Logan,
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Logan Giles <gileslo at slac.stanford.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am running Demeter 0.9.22 and trying import recent SSRL Binary files. I
>> have the SSRL plugins enabled as well. The problem is when I try to import
>> binary files, the program crashes.
>>
>> It seems that something might have changed recently in SSRL BL 7-3 files
>> because I can import July 2013 files but not July 2015. I have attached a
>> NaMoO4 sweep at the Mo K-edge from each run for your testing. Immediately
>> after trying to import the binary July 2015 files, the program immediately
>> crashes and exits. The July 2013 binary opens right up.
>>
>> When I look at the dathena.log file for the "2015 crash", everything
>> looks normal until the end:
>>
>> "Demeter version 0.9.22
>>
>> At line 316 of file iff_rddata.fFortran runtime error: End of record"
>>
>> Also, when I try to import the ascii files of the July 2013 or July 2015
>> data, I get an error as well, but the same error. I can fix this by
>> changing two of the blank rows, which are the column labels for the data,
>> to "BLANK" or something. I have attached these unedited ascii files as
>> well, but I am more concerned with my binary problem. The reason for this
>> is that I was recently sent some other SSRL binary files without their
>> corresponding ascii files that also crash.
>>
>> Let me know that you think, or if you can reproduce the error in trying
>> to import the binary files.
>>

> Thanks for your assistance and best regards,
>>

> Did you enable the SSRLB file plugin?  From the Main Window top drop down
> list, the 2nd from the bottom choice is "Plugin Registry".  There are
> plugins for SSRL ASCII and SSRL Binary files, and several others.
>
> If I do that, I *can* read in the 2015 Binary file.
> HTH,
>
>  --Matt

Logan Giles, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar