[Ifeffit] Binary SSRL Files crash upon import.

Logan Giles gileslo at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 16 17:26:34 CDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am running Demeter 0.9.22 and trying import recent SSRL Binary files. I
have the SSRL plugins enabled as well. The problem is when I try to import
binary files, the program crashes.

It seems that something might have changed recently in SSRL BL 7-3 files
because I can import July 2013 files but not July 2015. I have attached a
NaMoO4 sweep at the Mo K-edge from each run for your testing. Immediately
after trying to import the binary July 2015 files, the program immediately
crashes and exits. The July 2013 binary opens right up.

When I look at the dathena.log file for the "2015 crash", everything looks
normal until the end:

"Demeter version 0.9.22

At line 316 of file iff_rddata.fFortran runtime error: End of record"

Also, when I try to import the ascii files of the July 2013 or July 2015
data, I get an error as well, but the same error. I can fix this by
changing two of the blank rows, which are the column labels for the data,
to "BLANK" or something. I have attached these unedited ascii files as
well, but I am more concerned with my binary problem. The reason for this
is that I was recently sent some other SSRL binary files without their
corresponding ascii files that also crash.

Let me know that you think, or if you can reproduce the error in trying to
import the binary files.

Thanks for your assistance and best regards,

-Logan