[Ifeffit] Deglitching

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 8 12:34:53 CDT 2015

On 09/04/2015 02:54 PM, Robert Gordon wrote:

> Terminal
> Your value qt
>
> Demeter.ini says wxt
>
> I change the Set value to wxt and apply & save. message at bottom of screen
> says "Now using wxt for gnuplot --> terminal and an ini file was saved"
>
> Plucked point is now consistent.
>
> However, when I exit and re-start Athena, back to qt and problem
> re-appears.
> In demeter.ini, [gnuplot] section, it still says terminal = wxt, but
> under preferences,gnuplot
> terminal it is back to qt.
>
> If I change to x11, and restart, x11 is remembered.
> If I change to wxt from x11, apply and save, it resets to qt when
> restarting even though the ini file says wxt.

In fact, I have fixed that problem.  0.9.22 is simply broken and will
always default to the qt terminal regardless of what you set in the
preferences.  The cause of this was a rather silly bit of code I wrote
when I updated to the most recent version of gnuplot in the Windows
package.  Sorry for the confusion.

That is one of the things that is fixed in the trial package for 0.9.23
at http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/#windows

0.9.23 has some other changes related to the setting of environment
variables that still merit some testing, but it will, I believe fix the
problem that Martina originally reported and which Robert verified.

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II