[Ifeffit] Error in running Artemis - Rmin too smaller than Rbkg

M.F.Bertuzzo mb733 at kent.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 21:53:03 CDT 2015

Dear all,

I am facing this error when I try to run a fit. The file in question required a larger than normal Rbkg value of 3.0.

I have attatched the Athena file & the subsequent Artemis project file that I tried to fit so you can see the error I am facing.

>From what I can understand, I need to reduce the Rbkg value in the Athena file to a lower number. But whenever I try to do this it causes the background function to mess up which then also causes problems for the fit in 'R' space.

Is this problem because I have badly modeled the data badly in Athena to begin?

I'm not really sure how to solve the problem so your help and advice is much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Marcus Bertuzzo,

Postgraduate Researcher in Chemistry
Functional Materials Group