[Ifeffit] Unable to run Demeter on EPA computers

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Oct 21 12:55:01 CDT 2015

Hi Matt,

I am without any further ideas for you.  No one else has reported a
similar situation, other than the recent reports of trouble with AV.
Demeter is used by hundreds of people on Windows, including many
government and government lab employees (like myself).  So I really am
inclined to think that the problem is local, not global.

While I am impressed that your IT person spent so much time and effort
investigating this and I am sympathetic that it was all for naught, I
do want to point out that I don't see anything in the long list of
diagnostics that actually addresses my one suggestion -- namely that
you are seeing some kind of conflict related to AV permissions.

All that said, I am always happy to incorporate changes to the
software and the packaging.  If you can suggest something substantive
that I can do to improve the packaging in a way that will help you
over your hurdle, I am all ears.