[Ifeffit] Demeter 0.9.23 in multi-user environments

Godfrey, Ian i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 19 09:11:17 CDT 2015

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to install to a system folder (Program Files) and the installation completed fine, however the software will not run for some reason (it runs fine when installed to its default location).

The symptoms are as follows:

The cmd window and splash screen pop up, before disappearing again. This occurs even when explicitly running the shortcut as an admin.

I have attached a log file from Athena.

This looks, at least superficially, similar to Matt Noerpel's problem?

To my eyes it seems as if the best solution would be to allow multiple installations on one PC (one in each user directory). I don't know how easy this would be, or if it could cause other problems though.

Thanks,

Ian