[Ifeffit] XAFS short course in BNL on Nov 5-7

Anatoly I Frenkel afrenke2 at yu.edu
Thu Oct 8 18:37:04 CDT 2015

To all concerned about the annual XAFS course at BNL, here is the update (please see earlier emails below with the course announcement and web address).

Because of the new conference policies at Brookhaven this year and, as a result, a very slow approval process of all course requests, including our short course, we have to push the deadlines for application and registration to October 15 and November 1, respectively. We are also facing delays with publishing course materials on the web for the same reason. I have just received a word that we will clear the last hurdle tomorrow and the course will be finally official. Once we are officially approved, the normal process of user registration (for accepted participants), dorm reservations, etc. will be run smoothly by our course administrators.

To help those interested to attend the course meet the deadlines I am attaching the course agenda to this email.

I apologize for the unexpected delay and I keep fingers crossed that I will send you good news tomorrow or early next week at the very latest.

Anatoly

Anatoly Frenkel, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Physics, Yeshiva University
245 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10016
https://yu.edu/faculty-bios/frenkel/
Spokesperson, Synchrotron Catalysis Consortium http://yu.edu/scc