[Ifeffit] Fitting parameters corrleations between variables

pushkar shejwalkar pshejwalkar2004 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:59:02 CST 2015

Dear All,
    I am trying to fit in Pd compound and the fit that I obtained looks
kinda good. I used Pd metal and Pd(OAc)2 shells for fitting. These
standards were collected and fitted simultaneously and I got the SO2 value
there as 0.67 with Pd foil coordination number as 12 which is correct when
considered Pd foil CN. Next while fitting the actual sample (unknown) I
used the formula in SO2 column as amp*N1 and put amp as 0.67 and N as 1. I
kept N1 as variable (Guess). same I did for the second shell of Pd-O with
N2. amp is kept on SET value of 0.67. After fitting I received the N1 and
N2 value as 5.6 (0.5) and 1.6 (0.7) (roughly). however, when I checked the
correlations between the variables I got the values as given in the log
file attached. I saw there is some correlation between bkg01_01 and N2 and
many such correlations between bkg values. I have so far never seen such
correlations. What are the implications of these correlations? does this
means that my fitting assumptions are incorrect. does correlations values
in negative indicates something?
Thank you very much for the input. By the way my RBKG is 1.2 in athena and
I used this same file for fitting purpose and on artemis I used rmin 1.2
and rmax 3.4. All these information are in log file attached
Any help in understanding this is appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Pushkar Shejwalkar.