[Ifeffit] Problem with Perl interpreter

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 13 14:53:00 CST 2015

On 11/13/2015 03:42 PM, Matt Newville wrote:
> Hi Wojciech, Bruce,
>
> Don't know if this is relevant, but I've definitely seen conflicts with
> Perl interpreters when trying to develop Epics applications on Windows,
> as Epics builds need Perl with Strawberry recommended for Windows.
>
> I've been able to have both C:\Strawberry and C:\Demeter as long as
> C:\Strawberry is not in the normal PATH, and only gets put in the PATH
> for Epics work.

The other option is to use the perl that you install to use with EPICS
and use that to build Demeter from source.  It's not fun, but here are
my (rather spartan) notes on how I work my way up to using Inno to build
the Windows installer:

https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/blob/master/win/notes.org

Thinking about it, it seems like it would be prudent for me to stay
synced with what EPICS is using.  That would obviate this problem.
Perhaps I could offer an installer package that install Demeter+it's
specific dependencies on top of the Strawberry.  Something to think about.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II