[Ifeffit] Demeter under El Capitan

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 13 14:09:14 CST 2015

On 11/13/2015 11:34 AM, Matt Newville wrote:
> With that, Demeter then installs, though there are some warnings about
> missing dependencies (Heap, XMLRPC::Lite, File::Slurp::Tiny,
> Encoding::FixLatin::XS)

Thanks, Matt.  This is helpful.

Heap and XMLRPC::Lite are long-time dependencies and are in the Build
script.  That they are not a dependency of the MacPorts package seems
like a MacPorts mistake.

File::Slurp::Tiny is obsolete in the sense that between 0.22 and 0.23 I
switched from using that module to using one called File::Slurper.
Since the current MacPorts package uses Demeter 0.22, F::S::T should
have been a dependency, but in the future, it will not be.

The dependency on Encoding::FixLatin::XS is a mistake made by me.  I
made it a recommendation to quiet a spurious warning that happens on
Windows but not on linux.  (No clue about the Mac.)  It's not actually
used for anything and I just edited the build script to remove it as a
dependency except on Windows.

So, if the portfile gets updated, it should be checked to be sure that
Heap, XMLRPC::Lite, and (File::Slurp::Tiny | File::Slurper) are properly
listed as dependencies and get installed.

Thanks,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II