[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 153, Issue 9

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Nov 9 12:38:00 CST 2015

On 11/09/2015 07:56 AM, Matteo Busi wrote:
> The problem is not with loading the files from the project, but instead
> to "load the loaded" files to the Data Summation.
> For example try to import all groups from the project of the example "Cu
> Metal" ( I will also attach it). Now go to data summation tab, in the
> components selection I'm able to select all groups except the first.
> (Shown in picture 1 attached).
> Now try to delete all groups and try to import groups from another
> project, let's say "Methylin" (attached). Now the groups avaiable for
> data summation work are still the previous ones (shown in picture 2).
> It seems that the data summation tab is not reading actively the groups
> loaded!
>
> I hope the situation it's clear now. Meanwhile I would also like to ask
> if there is a way to export the worked data ( for example, resulting
> from merges or sums) to new .dat files (in x-y coordinates).

The pictures explained the issue.  Very helpful.  In the future,
please think hard about how you /ask/ your question.  A clearly stated
question gets a quicker answer.  I am very sensitive to the difficulty
of asking a question in a second language, but that's even more of a
reason to think hard and ask well.

You are correct that the contents of the menus on the data summation
page were not being updated correctly.  That's a bit of an
understatement -- they were not being updated at all!  That's a pretty
horrible bug.

I have fixed this problem at the head of the github repository and the
fix will find its way into the next Windows installer.

In the mean time, the simplest work-around is to restart Athena when
you want to do data summation on a new project file.

You always have the option of downloading specific files from the
github repository and replacing the ones installed on your computer.
The files that changed to make this fix are:

   lib/Demeter/UI/Athena.pm
   lib/Demeter/UI/Athena/Summer.pm

Be sure to download the "raw" file and be sure it is saved with a
".pm" extension.

Regards,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II