[Ifeffit] Athena open data project but not shown the curve

Carlos Triana Estupinan ctrianae at unal.edu.co
Thu Nov 5 09:06:18 CST 2015

Dear
Bruce

I am doing calculation of EXFAS for a amorphous structure created by
molecular dynamics. I am using FEFE to obtain chi(k) and the file xmu,
however, when comparing with experimental data with the calculated EXFAS I
have the following problems.

1) The Fourier transform of the EXAFS calculated by FEFF has the same shape
that the experiment spectra, however it is higher in amplitude.

2) The calculated EXFAS by FEFF has the same oscillation in K-space, but it
does not match the oscillation in K (both of them are shifted to each
other).

I am wondering if I need to do an extra correction to the calculated EXAFS
by FEFF in order to match the K-space and the amplitude in R-sapace. Shall
I change the energy shift or the Edge step to match the experimental
spectra. I so, how can I am sure about the obtained spectra really
correspond to my molecular dynamics simulation.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
​