[Ifeffit] Gnuplot CPU affinity

Massimo Tallarida mtallarida at cells.es
Wed Nov 4 06:26:36 CST 2015

Dear all,

I’m having problems with both 0.9.24 and 0.9.18 versions of Demeter. When I open a new file, just after starting Athena, both versions work well, but as soon as I start to do something, e.g. deglitch a curve, the program starts to become very slow. This means that to choose a point on the graphic it take few minutes. I checked with the task manager and it seems that at the beginning gnuplot is using about 10% of CPU, but then it raises and it uses at maximum 25% of CPU, it does not go beyond this value. The CPU affinity is set to 4 CPUs, but it seems gnuplot uses only 1 (25%). If I close the program and restarted it, it happens the same. I’m using Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, on an Intel Core i5-4590 CPU at 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), with 8GB RAM.

Thank you,
Massimo