[Ifeffit] new build of the Demeter installer for Windows

Anna Wolska awolska at if.pw.edu.pl
Sat May 30 09:26:54 CDT 2015

Hi All,

I'd like to thank Bruce for reacting so fast to my request for
polarization. (And for fixing the labeling issue.) Sorry for the delay
but I was slowed down by a beamtime and my ancient laptop with 12''
screen. However, thanks to the failure of Lufthansa boarding system I
got plenty of waiting time on my way home and here are the results.

I started tests with the reference data. In the old version I had an
impression that amplitudes of some of the paths are significantly
overestimated. Now their amplitudes are closer to what I expected and
the fitting parameters for them are more reasonable. Parameters for
other paths are more or less the same to what I got from the old version
of Artemis. Seems OK to me.

I noticed few problematic things mainly in the Atoms part of the
program. When I close the project and open it again the list of paths
changes. I am getting some additional paths in polarization. I also
managed to crash the program quite often, usually on the feff
calculations. This does not depend whether the polarization card is
active or not. I will try to investigate it a little bit on a real
computer and will send more detailed report on the problems later.

In summary, the polarization seems to work nicely but one has to be
careful about these additional paths.

Best
Anna