[Ifeffit] new build of the Demeter installer for Windows

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue May 26 13:16:08 CDT 2015

Hi all,

I have made quite a few changes to my analysis software in recent
weeks in response to comments on the mailing list.  I think that
everything from recent weeks is in the latest build in some form.

I am not quite ready to declare this a proper release with a new
version number, so it can be found at

   http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/#windows

as "Pre-release trial version #4".

Among other things, this corrects the recent deglitching problem, adds
support for linear polarization in the Feff calculation, and attempts
to streamline the plotting of a sum of paths (see the top of the
Actions menu in the data window).

I would be grateful if the two people who recently asked about
polarization (Shaoib Muhammad and Anna Wolska) could try Artemis and
let me know if you think it is working correctly.  I have done quite a
bit of testing, but one never knows....  I am not 100% confident that
everything is implemented quite right.  I could easily have missed
something...

See the change log at

   https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/blob/master/Changes.org

for the changes that are in this trial version.

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II