[Ifeffit] Ca EXAFS with Ge220 or InSb111 (Lisa Bovenkamp)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon May 11 16:16:58 CDT 2015

Hi Lisa,

Just to second Matthew's suggestion, Si(111) should work fine for Ca K
edge.     In my experience,  using high angle makes it much more
challenging to keep a stable beam -- roll errors become more important, and
thermal load can also be worse (power density on 1st crystal, heating from
scattering on the second).

So, in that sense, and if it's an option,  Si(111)  (at ~30 degrees) seems
preferable to Ge(220) (at ~50 degrees, I believe).

Hello.

No, the resolution is fine. I can do XANES fine with InSb111. We use those
for years.
Just had problems with EXAFS because for this long range the flux has to be
more stable
from the crystals.

Lisa