[Ifeffit] Self absorption Correction

Richard Mayes rtmayes at gmail.com
Mon May 4 19:16:21 CDT 2015

Farzana,

I'm copying the IFEFFIT mail list, they may have the information buried in
the archives somewhere.

That link points to Grant Bunker's webpage containing his XAFS tutorials
and it will not open for me at the moment either. However, there are
several very good books that have come out lately on XAFS that explain self
absorption quite well.  If you're not interested in getting a copy of the
books, there is a discussion thread from when I was a newbie to
overabsorption that is found on the XAFS.org tutorials page.  I suggest
going through it as several contributed substantial knowledge in that
thread (http://www.xafs.org/Experiment/OverAbsorption).

Cheers,
-Rich