[Ifeffit] (D)Artemis shutting down automatically

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Mar 11 14:56:19 CDT 2015

On 03/11/2015 03:33 PM, Raj kumar wrote:
> Dear Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Please see the attachment for the files which i have used.
>
> Regards,
> Raj

Raj,

Regarding the file with chi(k) data:

   I do not agree that there is a problem.  I am able to import those
   data into Artemis and successfully perform a quick first shell fit
   with sensible results.  I can do so on either linux or windows.

   Perhaps there is something that you are doing that I do not know to
   try...?  As I say here:

      http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/bugs.pod.html

   you need to clearly explain to me how to replicate your problem on
   *my* computer or it is unreasonable to expect me to understand and
   solve it.

   One thing occurs to me ... are you using a recent version of the
   software?  On the basis of the log files you attached to your
   earlier email, I am suspicious that you are using a rather old
   version.

   Another thing about your chi(k) data file ... as I explain in the
   Artemis manual and in the videos hosted at Diamond, the intended
   work flow through the software is:
         1. process your data in Athena
         2. save the Athena project file
         3. import the Athena project file into Artemis

   While it works to import a column data file containing chi(k), there
   are a number of advantages to following the intended work flow.

Regarding the Artemis project file:

   The file you attached is 22 bytes long.  My computer identifies it
   as an empty zip file.  I clearly cannot do anything with that.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II