[Ifeffit] Data being overwritten in Artemis history window

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Mar 10 12:50:59 CDT 2015

On 03/09/2015 04:17 AM, Godfrey, Ian wrote:
> In the history window some, but not all, data from previous fits seems
> to get overwritten when running a new fit. Specifically I've noticed
> this happening with the information in the "Data set" section. To
> reproduce run a QFS fit with some R-space fitting windows (say 2-4); at
> this point the log will be displayed correctly in the history window.
> Now change the R window (say 1.5-3.5) and run the fit again. When you go
> to the history window the R window information will be displayed
> correctly for the most recent fit but, for the previous fit it will have
> been overwritten by the newer fit. Some of the other info, such as
> R-factor by k-weight seems to get overwritten too.

I just pushed a fix for this to github and posted new windows installer
candidates at

   http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/#windows

If you see any other questionable behavior in the history window let me
know. I think I understood the ramifications of the fix I made, but I am
not 100% certain.

The windows installers also include the most recent version of gnuplot.
  Hopefully that will address your problem regarding zooming and
scrolling.

If it does not, try changing the gnuplot->terminal configuration
parameter to "qt".  qt is one of the other terminal options in the new
version of gnuplot.  It makes a pretty plot, but I like the controls on
the wxt terminal more.  If you are unsatisfied with that, try setting it
to "windows", which is the third (and to my eye, the worst) of the three
plot terminal options.  Hopefully one of them will work for you.

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II