[Ifeffit] wavelet transformed XAS in Larch-0.9.24

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 10 11:46:24 CDT 2015

Hi Matthias,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Matthias Filez
<Matthias.Filez at ugent.be> wrote:
> Dear mailing list user,
>
> I am currently trying to use the cauchy_wavelet.py plugin of Larch-0.9.24 to
> wavelet transform some k-space EXAFS data. In principle, everything works
> properly, but I would like to adjust the order of the Cauchy wavelet to 50.
> However, a view inside the script does not make clear what changes are
> necessary. How can this be done?
>
> Please provide me your suggestions,
> Many thanks,
>
> Matthias Filez

I'm not sure.  There are many possible variations of wavelets, and I
am by no means an expert in them.  I think the variation used in
Larch's cauchy_wavelet.py is similar to the one from Munoz et al (and
the ESRF Hama code too -- correct me if I'm wrong about this!).
Perhaps there is an alternate definition on Cauchy wavelet that has
such an order?

I think it would great to have more than one version of wavelet
transforms available...