[Ifeffit] Importing data with the new version of Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Mar 9 08:09:54 CDT 2015

Hi,

This question was sent to our mailing list by someone who is not
subscribed.  For some reason, it was not in the administration queue
on the list server, so I couldn't forward it along in the normal
fashion.

Here is Sander Bruun's question:

> For some reason I am unable to import data directly from *.dat files
> in the new version of Athena. It says I may be needing a plugin, but
> I do not know how to install it. Can anybody help. It worked fine in
> some of the older versions of Athena, but I cannot find and install
> them now.

Sander,

That's not enough information for me to answer the question.  "*.dat"
is not a file format.  A file called "*.dat" can (and usually does!)
contain almost anything.  Without an example of the sort of file that
is giving you trouble, I cannot possibly know what's going on.

If your data comes from a particular beamline, it's possible that you
simply need to enable that beamline's plugin.  There are a couple
plugins that come with the software related to specific beamlines at
ESRF....

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/aug/other/plugin.html#athena%27spluginregistry

Cheers,

PS: If you subscribe to the mailing list (see
http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ifeffit), then you
mail will be posted to the list without my intervention.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II