[Ifeffit] "Simple" question/s about fuzzy degeneracy

Juan Manuel Conde Garrido jumacoga at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jun 22 08:09:17 CDT 2015

Thanks again!I'm so sorry, I had missed the "Aggregate" button (I think I pushed it once, but got deterred by the warning message).I got the path list that I wanted now and thanks to your explanation, I understood how the math works.Sorry for my silly newbie mistake and thanks again!Juan

     El Lunes, 22 de junio, 2015 8:30:39, Bruce Ravel <bravel at bnl.gov> escribió:

 On 06/20/2015 09:19 AM, Juan Manuel Conde Garrido wrote:
> Thanks Bruce for the quick response!
> I understood perfectly how to get from table 1 to table 2.
> I'm still a little lost on how to use that in Artemis.
> You said: "Artemis has compressed the three Feff calculations you would
> normally have to do into a single fuzzily degenerate path list."
> That's the thing I don't know how to do.
> How do I use Artemis to get the scattering paths listed in table 2 (Reff
> and degeneracy)
> What would be the step by step procedure in Artemis to get those paths
> so I can move them to the Path page?

So, I concur that this page of the document

    http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/artug/feff/aggregate.html

is somewhat terse, but it seems clear to me.  I don't understand what's
confusing to you.  You press the button, Artemis does some stuff,
Artemis displays a bunch of paths.  It works just like a normal Feff
calculation.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II

  Homepage:    http://bruceravel.github.io/home/