[Ifeffit] how to manage Demeter with a newer FEFF version ?

fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Jun 10 02:42:35 CDT 2015

Dear Janeth,

Feff8.5L (and presumably 8.4)  works in some fashion in Demeter  version 18.2 , in later versions it doesnt.  :  It runs through atoms and gives fits that seems sensible for transuranic elements in the times I and some of my collaborators have used it.

Thus in the short term if you want to use something higher than FEFF6 in your exafs calculations and want to use Demeter that's your option,

If you need to use FeFF9 and want to use Demeter: I think your best option is to have a go at persuading some of the software guys at your facility to collaborate with Bruce and Matt in adding a FEFF9 option to larch and in turn then Demeter.

Best wishes
Fred

Message: 1