[Ifeffit] Demeter won't start in Windows 7

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 12 11:47:30 CDT 2015

Hi William,

As with the recent message about Demeter on Mac-with-Parallels, I suspect
this is an issue with how the PATH is set.   It looks to me like you don't
have all the path locations set correctly, though it also appears that it
is finding the DLL, just not recognizing it as a Win32 DLL  That probably
means some other DLL is interfering, but I'm not certain of that.

I would suggest setting path explicitly to

C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin\gnuplot\bin;

You could even try putting this at the top of dathena.bat (and
dartemis.bat, etc):

    set Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
    set
Path=%PATH%;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin\gnuplot\bin;

Hope that helps -- and please let us know!